Latest book

Friday, May 2, 2014

nostalgia sunshine

     hey steve i'm thinking about you in the sunshine acid library windowpane re-reading ginsberg
     you who read 'the green automobile' aloud while i drove us down the dark to nowhere
     this sunshine shattered day begs for your voice your yawp of yay-saying american alcoholic joy
     'hey clunie let's get drunk' & off to northwest warehouse alleyways with quarts of bohemian beer
     or up to rose garden park trails with bottle of gin & bottle of vermouth & jar of olives to mix martinis in our young bellies on the run
     this day really wants a hit of your blotter acid brain steve sterling dead 16 years your joyful visions & your chinook sorrows
     your stupid humor & the way i felt like kerouac to your cassidy

     joy is not a constant.
     you've been dead a long long time.
     i'm probably not far behind.

4 comments:

  1. good poem, Clunie. I still miss that guy, too. he was my buddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy R. Hope you are well, my old friend. Life is good here, getting lots of writing done. Not getting paid for it but that's never a surprise.

      Delete
    2. Sorry to be so obtuse, but I guess I know too many Nancys. (Knew, rather, as I hardly know anybody now that I've sobered up.) From the VG?

      Delete